-equiv=’refresh’/> It's Debby's Corner Nigeria..: MUST READ: My Life, My Story!

Thursday, October 17, 2013

MUST READ: My Life, My Story!


I got this mail Immediately i checked my mail box and according to the date on it, it was sent in last weekend. as i read through this mail, i kept wondering what this life have become. i must apologies to the sender for not posting this up on time. read through;


My name is chioma I'm in my early 30's, it is with a grieved heart that I had to write this mail. I have been married to my husband for almost two years and God is yet to bless me with the fruit of the womb, I have been worried about this but my husband and his people said I shouldn't disturb my self that it’s not God’s time yet. we have been living very happily until 2 months back when my younger sister, our last born came back from school due to ASUU strike and decided to stay back here in Lagos with us.  My parents are based in Enugu and my Younger sister schools in Unilag, considering that nobody knows when the strike would be called off, I told her to stay back in my house instead of going back to Enugu.
Of late, I noticed she is always tired and asleep most times I come back home, i called her to have one on one talk with her since I barely stay at home considering the nature of my job. She told me she’s ok that its symptoms of malaria so I told her we would use the public holiday to go for check ups. On Saturday, the worst happened! I over heard her telling her friend on phone that she’s pregnant and very scared of going for an abortion since the drugs she’s been using didn't work on her. I waited until she ended the call, then I went into her room and told her to dress up lets go to the hospital, she totally refused! at this point, I became very furious being that I've been training her in school and she can’t even confide in me to tell me what her problem is. I decided to threaten her that I would throw her things out, that was when she dropped the bomb, she told me to wait until my husband comes back to decide if she would go or not! She quickly picked up her phone and called my husband to inform him of what was happening, my husband immediately called my phone and told me to wait until he comes back.
Same evening , I saw my husbands family and my parent come in with him, I was wondering what the sudden visit was for, they called a meeting and I sat there very furious, my husband then started telling me how much he loves me and appreciates all I've done for him, he then said he took an action I wasn't aware of, at this point, I still didn't know the angle he was driving at until when he said, Chiyere Is pregnant for me and I intend to do the necessary rites!
 At this point, I felt like the world has crumbled on me, tears were flowing down my eyes uncontrollably, this is the man I gave my all for, I made him what he is today, I was there when he was nothing, I single handedly did all the expenses for our wedding! Why would he decide to pay me back this way, why would my sister and family have to betray me.

I left the house that Saturday and have been at my friends place, I don’t know what to do, i am writing this mail now because the only way I free my self from worries is to write. Many questions have been coming to my mind, did I do the right thing my leaving my matrimonial home? How long have there relationship been going on for my husband to decide to marry my own sister! Is two years too much for my husband to wait for a child? How long have my parent been aware of this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment