-equiv=’refresh’/> It's Debby's Corner Nigeria..: Pastor Rapes And Impregnates 12-Year Old Girl In Edo Says ‘I Only Had Sex With Her Once’!

Monday, June 23, 2014

Pastor Rapes And Impregnates 12-Year Old Girl In Edo Says ‘I Only Had Sex With Her Once’!

A cleric in Edo has been arrested by police in the state after he allegedly raped and impregnated his neighbour's young daughter.
38-year-old  Friday Uwem is said to have taken the girl, 12, into a farm in the Okokwo village area of the state and had forceful intercourse with her there.

He thereafter threatened the child that she would die if she told anyone what happened and he was only found out when the girl fell pregnant.

The Sun reports:

 Filled with fear of death, the little Jane kept quiet, not knowing that she had become pregnant.

 Worried by the development, her parents carefully questioned her on May 30, 2014, and learnt that it was Pastor Uwem who committed the atrocity. Promptly, they rushed to the police station in Benin City to report the matter.

Upon hearing the heart-rending story, Edo State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Foluso Adebanjo said a team from the State Criminal Investigation Department proceeded immediately to arrest the pastor.

In the course of interrogation, he confessed to the act. In an interview, he told Sunday Sun: "The victim is the daughter of my neighbour, who is my friend. It was in the evening that I lured her with biscuit and money and I took her to the bush and raped her.
"I had sex with her once. I didn't use condom. I am responsible for the pregnancy. After raping her, I threatened her not to tell anybody. I told her that she would die if she told anybody. It was when the pregnancy became known that her parents came to my house and I confessed to them."

1 comment: