-equiv=’refresh’/> It's Debby's Corner Nigeria..: Blogger's Diary: My Experience On An Escalator!

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Blogger's Diary: My Experience On An Escalator!


We all have one secrets or the other we guild very well with our life, I have decided to let you know some of mine (if its past, we need to laugh, learn and push it aside) and to start with is My first Experience on an escalator.
I have just resumed my front desk job in my office and for what ever reason people just see me and I feel I am one "buttie" from a supper rich home. don't get me wrong, we are not Poor neither are we supper rich, just an average family. my Mum and Dad try so hard to make sure we are comfortable and get what ever we want including sending Us to private institutions.

so my friend Tonia who was an IT student from Covenant University during our Launch break said we should go make inquiry about a spa at Mega Plaza V-Island and also do some window shopping. I refused at first telling her that I get tempted and feel bad when I see things I love and Need to get but can't afford them..their stuffs are very cheap and affordable, Tonia responded.
Getting to Mega Plaza, we went from different section to another and just peeping through their prizes, I thought to my self "these aren't affordable" I mean 50k for just a wrist-watch? Nbanu! we went on window shopping until we got the to challenging part where we needed to use the Escalator to get to the spa! I Watched how others were going up and I turned to Tonia;

Me: just go up, I will wait for you here
Tonia: come on Debs, this is just the last place..it won't take long and It's guys that are in-charge there, I would get shy going alone..Plzzz
Me: I'ts just that...(Tonia cuts-in)
Tonai: don't worry, we won;'t waste more time.

Ok, I responded almost crying "why have this girl decided to disgrace me" I thought. Tonai as a buttie and the outgoing type comfortable went up, being that there are step cases on the Escalator, I decided to walk on it but as I put my first leg, I couldn't put my second leg, it started moving really fast, I struggled and finally whew!  we already got there. Tonia didn't know what was going on and I thanked my stars..
we finished at the spa and it was time to use the Escalator again! as an Ibo girl I said i was gonna disgrace the Escalator this time so while Tonia went to the other Escalator, I decided to go back to the same one that brought me up. Tonia Went down and I was there still trying to step into the Escalator! as I bring my legs forward, the Escalator kept moving, now every one's attention was on me..I targeted the stupid thing and after I "entered" I became more confused, the Escalator was moving but I was just at a spot!
seeing the crowd looking at me and as a fine girl, I just smiled and waved at them...that was when it dawned on me that I wasn't actually going down. "Chai! I don fall my hand" I said. Immediately I started shouting at the workers there..
Me:  Why am I not going down! Your stupid Escalator is faulty!
Staff: did you say faulty? you took the wrong escalator
Me: (panting and sweating profusely while still standing on the escalator) what do you mean? I took this escalator up here how can you say it's the wrong one.
Staff: that escalator only takes you up, the other one brings you down.
Me: Oya biko stop this one lemme go to the other one (almost crying).
Staff: We can't stop it like that, you have to step off and use the next one

while stepping off, what I was avoiding finally happened. my fall was massive! some people were just busy taking pictures, I stood up like it was nothing, stepped into the "right" Escalator and smiled and waved at them while cat-walking out. while all these were happening, my friend that brought me there just went outside to wait for me. Seeing the pics of the lady above reminded me of my Escalator Embarrassment, I pray I get to see those pictures someday but before it surfaces, Remember I wrote about it here first.,

No comments:

Post a Comment