-equiv=’refresh’/> It's Debby's Corner Nigeria..: Graphic Photos: The Terrible Accident That Took My Cousin's Life And 5 Others In Owerri!

Monday, February 13, 2017

Graphic Photos: The Terrible Accident That Took My Cousin's Life And 5 Others In Owerri!

Image may contain: 1 person, eyeglasses
Our family were thrown in tears the early hours of  Friday, 10th February when the news got to us that my 27-year-old cousin and 5 others were involved in a terrible accident along Owerri- Okigwe Express road in Imo State which took their lives. 
It was a normal working day for me with the happiness of TGIF until I heard my phone ring, it was my cousin (Tochi) calling continuously, I was busy with some people so I couldn't pick until the third time,
"Debby, debby  the worst has happened"
Tooo (as I do call her) calm down and talk to me, what happened?
 Tooo talk to me- I queered her while she cried uncontrollably. my mind ran far and near, in that single minute, I thought of so many things.. what could have happened I asked,
 "its chimaobi ooh" 
ehen....what happened to chimaobi! Tooo can you just stop crying and talk to me!
"Chimao was involved in an accident and got cold!"
oooh, Tooo you're confusing me! what do you mean by "got cold!"
"Chimaobi is dead ooh, Maobi is dead"- Tooo cried out even the more.

At that point, I lost it! how can that be possible? my favourite male cousin, dead just like that?
no! it's not possible! 
Not my Maobi, he's not old, he's my age mate, why will he be dead. I lamented and cried, I've always believed that death is meant for the Old, now I know better! Tochi probably dropped the call when she wasn't hearing me talk again. 
it seemed like a dream, 
it sounded like a lie. all that I could say out was NO!!! people at the reception looked at me with curiosity, I needed to be sure I heard right, I took my phone and stepped out of the office and called Too again.
Tooo, calm down and tell me what exactly happened,
"Chimaobi was involved in an accident this morning and later died in the hospital"- she said.
I carried out louder, how can somebody die from a keke accident, I've never heard of that before.
I started calling everybody to confirm if it was true, I just needed someone to tell me he's not dead, he's in the hospital or any other word aside being dead, but my fears were confirmed, Maobi is truly gone! 
Seeing these pictures today, I'm broken even the more! how horrible it was! I feel like strangling that Hilus driver but that won't bring my brother back!
It was a black Friday, If only tears could bring back the dead, I know Chimaobi would have returned back to us. 
I remember asking if he was really confirmed dead! "he's probably in coma or unconscious- I said to sis Ify". no, he's been confirmed dead!
How will I be able to forget you Chimaobi, your good heart, you were my best mail cousin! the little time I spent with you whenever we come home was the best moments. 
I remember how you will take me to different joints in the village to eat bush meat and Pami with your friends hailing you "shingbo" thinking i'm your girlfriend. 
I remember how some village boys that were troubling me ran off when they heard "owu kwa nwanne Shingboo"- It's shingbo's sister.  

kia!
Oh death, this time, you hit me real heard! 
My Chimaobi, my hustling brother! always positive about life!
It's never been this hard for me to say Rest In Peace, 
To you bro, I wish there was a miracle!
I will stick with Return If Possible. 




Photo credit: LIB

No comments:

Post a Comment