-equiv=’refresh’/> It's Debby's Corner Nigeria..: Madonna University Undergraduate Arrested For Killing His 87- Year Old Father!

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Madonna University Undergraduate Arrested For Killing His 87- Year Old Father!


A 27-year-old undergraduate of Madonna University, Okija, Anambra State, Chijiioke Ezebuiro , had been arrested by the Abia State Police Command for allegedly killing his 87-year old father, Dr. Emmanuel Ezebuiro. Chijioke’s arrest is coming barely three weeks after a 21-year-old student of the Redeemer’s University, Tolani Ajayi, was nabbed for allegedly killing his father, Charles Ajayi , a Senior Advocate of Nigeria.
Anambra State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Geoffrey Ogbonna, said the suspect was arrested for his father’s death because he was the only one at home when the deceased was brutally murdered.

According to him, police preliminary investigations showed that there was no evidence of forced entry into their house where the incident took place.

Police said the crime was committed on June 30, 2014 at the deceased’s home at Umuoriehi, Isingwu in the Umuahia North Local Government Area.

According to police, the elder brother of the suspect had taken his children to school, leaving their bed-ridden father in the hands of the suspect.

The police added that upon return, the elder brother met the octogenarian in a pool of blood.

Suspecting foul play when the suspect could not offer reasonable explanations on what happened to their father, the brother alerted the police.

The PPRO said that the complainant told the police that Chijioke had threatened his father’s life a number of times.

But the suspect said the incident occurred while he was in the bathroom taking showers after felling some trees in the compound.

He said, “After taking my bath as I was going towards my room I saw people screaming in my father’s room.

“When I got there, I saw my brother and my cousin. I was shocked to see blood on my father’s head. I was so scared I had to go downstairs to call one of my cousins.

“When I came back, I asked them what happened and none of them told me anything. The next thing was for me to see the police coming to arrest me, saying I am a murderer, that’s all.”

The suspect also denied threatening his father’s life at any time, saying he had maintained a very warm relationship with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment