-equiv=’refresh’/> It's Debby's Corner Nigeria..: Blogger's Dairy: Dear Genotype, What Would You Have Me Do?

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Blogger's Dairy: Dear Genotype, What Would You Have Me Do?

As I write, I'm filled with many thoughts. am i the only one in this situation or are there other people in this situation? make una answer me ooh cos i don tire. i have been willing to make a post about this for a while now but have been shy about it especially since its an issue that has to do with my personal life.


Have you ever gone deep into a relationship for so long, being "madly" inlove with each other, cried and laughed together, felt very compatible, planned your future, known your family members and when you just decide to walk down the aisle...the worst happens! turns out you both are of same  genotype AS! yeah, hurts right? that is how i feel right now, I try as much as i can to laugh over it but deep inside me, I weep!

My "fiancée" feels i don't feel hurt about it like i never had the "true" love for him to let US pass this phase but I am that regular girl that try so hard to hide her feelings even while she's dying inside. I have read alot about AS-AS genotype, discussed with different doctors, spoke to people about it, personally interviewed couples living with sickle cells and after being aware of what it implies, i made a decision to let it go! painful but it would be more painful to bring in a Sickle Cell child to the world and let them suffer with pains the rest of their lives.

The question that has been on my mind during this time is, Our grand parents and most of our parents got married without knowing their genotype and yet they didn't give birth to sickle cell children, so why is it different during our time? why is this Genotype thing a serious issue in Africa here?
some have taken it to the religious angle saying "Don't you have faith, by the Grace of God, you won't have babies with sickle cell"  "You both can speak in tongues while doing it so that His S will not meet with your S" huh? words like "there is nothing God can not do, believe in HIM and he will change your genotype" like seriously? I know there is no impossibility with God but when you are fully aware of a danger and you still go ahead, you should expect the worst!

I have decided to move on with my life as i know there is a reason for everything, i believe God has a better plan for me and thank God I decided to go Celibacy a long time ago and the fact that it was a Holy relationship helped me get over it fast!  so, this post is for some other people out there that may be going through same Genotype Palava, you are not alone and as difficult as it may be, make the right decision. Ok bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment