-equiv=’refresh’/> It's Debby's Corner Nigeria..: Having An Abortion When I Was ATeenager Has Haunted Me All My Life-Nicki Minaj

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Having An Abortion When I Was ATeenager Has Haunted Me All My Life-Nicki Minaj


32-year-old rapper, Nicki Minaj, has revealed a secret heartache that has hung over her like a shadow for years. She spoken openly for the first time about having an abortion when she was a teenager in a candid new cover interview with America’s Rolling Stone magazine. Detailing the horror of making the decision to terminate a pregnancy at such a young age, she said:‘I thought I was going to die. I was a teenager. It was the hardest thing I’d ever gone through. [It’s] haunted me all my life. It’d be contradictory if I said I wasn’t pro-choice. I wasn’t ready. I didn’t have anything to offer a child.’



In other news, she insists that she wants her fans to know more about her past through the material on her recently-released third record, The Pinkprint. In her interview with Rolling Stone, she adds:


‘One of my goals was to give people a glimpse into my personal life, because it’s something I’ve kept very private.’

Nicki – real name Onika Tanya Maraj – also defends her racy stage persona to the publication, insisting she is empowering women. The star quipped:


‘I’m a grown-ass f***ing woman! I stand for girls wanting to be sexy and dance, but also having a strong sense of themselves. If you got a big ol’ butt? Shake it! Who cares? That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be graduating from college.’

No comments:

Post a Comment