-equiv=’refresh’/> It's Debby's Corner Nigeria..: 75-Year-Old Woman Leaves Home In Kwara, Found In Ogun State!

Monday, June 22, 2015

75-Year-Old Woman Leaves Home In Kwara, Found In Ogun State!


The police in Ogun State have found a 75-year-old woman, Janet Agbana, who got missing in Kwara State. She was found in the Ibafo area of the state.

PUNCH Metro learnt that efforts by the police to reunite the septuagenarian, who seemed to be suffering from memory loss, with her family members, had proved abortive.

Our correspondent gathered that on Tuesday, June 9, at about 10pm, a resident found Agbana wandering in a motor park in Ibafo, and took the aged woman to the police station after she appeared to have missed her way.

Agbana had reportedly been at the station since that day.

Speaking with PUNCH Metro, Agbana, who spoke inaudibly in Yoruba language, said she could not recall her street.

She added that she left her home in the Ita Amodu area of Ilorin, Kwara State, to buy an item.

She said, “I strolled out of my house to buy an item on a neighbouring street. I did not know how I found myself here.

“I saw people entering a bus and I entered with them. I am not staying alone. I am living with one of my sons, Kareem Dauda.

“I want to return to Ilorin. My family members are waiting for me. But I do not know the way back home. I am not working. I just stay in the house.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Muyiwa Adejobi, said the police had not seen the relatives of the woman, adding that she would be transferred to a social welfare centre.

He said, “We have not located her family. She has been with the police since the incident. We will be handing her over to a social welfare centre in the Owode area.”

No comments:

Post a Comment